We summarize below the common rules for a better implementation of the IKU World Championship to be held in Fortaleza / Brazil from 16 to 21 October 2019; all participants are requested to follow them.
· We remind you that at the IKU Championship each participant may partecipate in ONLY ONE role
(either as an athlete, or as a coach, or as a referee) and NOT in multiple roles.
· Athletes’ registrations must be made ON LINE according to the IKU REGISTRATION PROGRAM –
http://www.internationalkarateunion.info/ -; each national federation must request its password to the
IKU General Secretary.
· The DEADLINE for the registration is Semptember 30, 2019!!!
· Specify very carefully the EXACT WEIGHTS of the athletes: athletes out of weight MUST pay the
registration fee (25, oo euros) AGAIN to be registered in the correct category (this is also important
to facilitate the drawing and the printing of the various categories and as respect towards other
athletes who, making sacrifices, fall into the correct categories) !!
· The referee course for both update and qualification foreseen by THURSDAY OCTOBER 17 (from
8.30 to 13.00) for all international referees, IS MANDATORY!! Referees who do not attend the
course, WILL NOT be allowed to referee in this World Championship (even if already in role).
· The update course is also MANDATORY for coaches, to be allowed to operate at the tatami : the
timetables for the coaches have been MODIFIED and the course will be held from 8.30 am to 10.00
am THURSDAY 17 October 2019 – Please remember that ONLY MAXIMUM 4 COACHES per nation
may enter the competition areas, since the competition (World Championship) will be held on 4
· Juvenile categories (age 12/13) blue / brown / black belts will compete on Friday 18 October in
KATA and on Saturday 19 October in KUMITE; Juveniles (age 12/13) white to green belt, will
compete with Children categories on Sunday 20 October.
· Coaches are recommended to wear their official national tracksuit on the parterre; as a matter of
respect to the athletes involved in the competition, NO shorts, NO civilian clothes, NO kimonos will
be tolerated. NO person “other” than the OFFICIAL coaches with their passes (no relatives, friends,
parents, managers, photographers, etc…) will be admitted into the competition areas.
· Please note that if a referee does not take part in more than TWO IKU official events, he will be
relegated to the previous qualification; if he does not take part in 4 official events, he loses all
refereeing qualifications acquired and will have to start over.
· In TEAM competitions, an athlete may participate in ALL specialties (Shobu Ippon, Sanbon,
Rotation) while in INDIVIDUAL ones, he may ONLY enroll in one specialty (or in Sanbon or in Ippon
– not in both of them). In INDIVIDUAL kata competition, an athlete may compete IN ONE STYLE
ONLY (ex. Shito ryu or shotokan or goju ryu ……). Remember that, an athlete can ONLY compete in
the category foreseen for HIS age and NOT in another categories (ex. Juniores MAY NOT compete
with Senior, Veterans MAY ONLY compete with Veterans and not with Senior).
· As a rectification to the competition program, we inform that VETERAN categories (age +41), in
addition to individual competitions, will also be allowed to participate in the KATA TEAM (open) and
KUMITE IPPON (open), but NOT in Sanbon teams!
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE PRESIDENTS OF THE IKU FEDERATIONS FOR THE
COLLABORATION THEY WILL PROVIDE TO MAKE THIS – IKU WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2019 –
FORTALEZA / BRAZIL – OF OURS, A GREAT SUCCESS.
!!! NOTICE FOR IKU WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP